NTL JK2 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!?

3 posters

Go down

Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!? Empty Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!?

Post by Shini Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 am

Ssup guys. Last night I was having supper and since i didnt find anything good to read ( I always read or do sudoku while eating) i started drawing a poker themed picture.. Im not much of a drawer so I didn't bother to finish it and had to come up with an other use for the half-finished drawing.
I love puzzles and therefore I decided to turn the crappy picture into one. Also I love poker (im around total of 1-1,5k winnings on my poker accounts live and online) so it's an easy subject for me Very Happy

As you probably see, this picture is not the one I drew (-.-') but the puzzle is the same.

So here comes the puzzle:

This is a 16-card texas hold 'em poker game with some minor changes. The "burnt" cards are visible, and the cards remaining in deck are face up revealing the top card.

The 16 cards consist of jacks to aces of all kinds.

The cards have not been shuffled, and their order follows a pattern.

Using the information you are given you should be able to determine who will win the game.
In your answers to this thread you will have to indentify the cards that have been dealt to your opponent and the card that will be revealed on river (the 5th face up table card is called river).

You are in the dealer position.

(If the puzzle wont be solved, I will once a week post a tip, or if somebody asks for a tip I can post it before.)

Let's see if you've got the wits ^.-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Shini on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : why isn't this damn picture showing up..)

Shini

Back to top Go down

Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!? Empty Re: Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!?

Post by Shini Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 am

In order to solve this puzzle you need basic knowledge of the rules of texas hold 'em. I will post the nescessary rules if no-one solves the puzzle this week Smile.

Shini

Back to top Go down

Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!? Empty Re: Puzzle- Can you beat Hasselhoff in poker!?

Post by Shini Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 pm

And to clarify the cards in the table (since the quality of the cards isnt very good)

The burnt cards: Ace of spades, Queen of spades and Jack of diamonds.
Table cards: Queen of hearts, King of diamonds, Jack of Diamonds and King of spades
Your cards: Ace of hearts, King of hearts
Card on the top of the deck: King of spades

Shini

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperCut Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:46 pm

i know nothing about poker ahahahaha
PaperCut
PaperCut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dacul Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 pm

I don't kknow the english meaning of these cards and I know very little of the art of poker....I will try to resolve this puzzle in the following weeks though.
Dacul
Dacul
Admin

https://ntljk2clan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shini Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 am

Basic rules of texas hold 'em:

A single game has 4 phaces:
1. Dealing the 2 cards to each player, 1 card at a time per player. The dealer is the last to get his card, so in this case the 1st card goes to hasselhoff.
2."Flop". (The top card gets burned) Dealing the 3 face up table cards
3."Turn". (The top card gets burned) Dealing the 4th face up card
4."River". (The top card gets burned) Dealing the 5th and final table card

So everytime a new phace starts, the top card of the deck is "burned", apart from 1st phace when the top card is dealt to player next to dealer.

With this you shold be able to find a pattern

Shini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum